All ZEN Electric Bikes ("ZEN") ebikes (the "ebikes"), and their individual components (as defined below), are protected against all manufacturing defects in material or build for (2) year after customers receive a ZEN ebike directly from an authorized dealer or directly from ZEN (the "Warranty Period").
Only the original owner of an ebike purchased from an authorized dealer or ZEN’s online storefront is covered by this Limited Warranty. The Warranty will begin upon receiving your Zen eBike and shall end upon the two year mark, or as a result of any sale or transfer of the ebike to another person.
- ZEN hydroformed aluminum frames come with a lifetime warranty, free from any manufacturing defects.
- The Limited Warranty applies to the replacement of a defective lithium ion battery (the “Battery”), forks, stem, handlebar, headset, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, crank set, pedals, rims, wheel hub, belt drive, shifter, motor, controller, wiring harness, display, kickstand, reflectors and hardware (each a “Covered Component”).
- Consumables not included in warranty (belt drive, brake pads, tires, hand grips)
- The Covered Components are warranted to be free of defects in materials and/or workmanship during the Warranty Period.
In the event ZEN determines a Covered Component is defective, ZEN will, as your sole and exclusive remedy and in ZEN’s sole discretion: (a) repair the defective Covered Component or free of charge with new or refurbished parts; or (b) replace the defective Covered Component with a new Covered Component.
- Usage wear and tear of the covered components.
- Consumables or normal wear and tear parts (including without limitation tires, tubes, brake pads, cables and housing, grips, belt and spokes).
- Any damages or defects to the Covered Components that is a result of the owner failing to follow instructions provided in the eBike manual and assembly instructions, accidents, misuse of the product, neglect, abuse, commercial use, technical alterations or modification, improper assembly, installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the ebike as sold, owner error, water damaged parts, extreme riding, stunt riding, or improper follow-up maintenance. Should the customer have any technical or assembly issues please contact ZEN’s service team (firstname.lastname@example.org). ZEN ebikes are water resistant but not water proof. Customers are advised to avoid riding in heavy rainfall and fully submerging ebikes in water to protect electronics from water damage.
- For the avoidance of doubt, ZEN will not be liable and/or responsible for any damage, failure or loss caused by any unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
- The Battery is not covered from damage resulting from the improper use of charging, or another such as misuse, normal wear or water damage.
- Any products sold by ZEN that are not an e-bike.
DETERMINING WHETHER DAMAGE OR DEFECT TO AN E-BIKE OR COVERED COMPONENT IS PROTECTED BY THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL BE IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF ZEN.
Damage to a Covered Component during shipping is not covered by this Limited Warranty, but ZEN will replace such damaged Covered Components if you:
- Notify ZEN of a Covered Component damaged in the shipping process within fourteen (14) business days of your receipt of the ebike;
- Provide ZEN with a dated picture of the damaged Covered Component.
- Return all original packaging and paperwork included with the ebike at your sole cost, unless ZEN agrees writing to pay your shipping costs; and
- Note any immediately recognizable damage on the shipper’s Bill of Lading prior to signing off on the shipment.
Shipping damage claims are time sensitive and it is the customer’s responsibility to immediately inspect and take photos in receiving condition and reach out to the supplier if there are damages.
If you choose to set up your own independent shipping methods, such as use of a freight forwarder or other similar service, ZEN will not replace any Covered Components damaged during such shipping method.
Cancellation-Right for Consumers. If you are a consumer, then you may cancel your order for the product within ten (10) days without giving any reason. The cancellation period will expire after ten (10) days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier indicated by you acquires physical possession of the products.
Zen offers free returns within fourteen (14) days of delivery. To return an e-bike that is not defective or damaged, you must contact ZEN Electric Bikes Inc. within fourteen (14) days of your receipt of the Ebike.